Two years after the game’a launch, DICE is still hard at work updating Battlefield 4 with gameplay tweaks and new content. In the game’s upcoming Spring patch, the developer announced that their will be an old mode returning from Battlefield 3, Gun Master, and new weapons.
In total, five new weapons will be added come patch day, but DICE has been reluctant to give specific names and details, painting a general picture of what to expect from them instead.
- New fan favorite Assault Rifle – Picked based on its unique burst gameplay and massive fan desirability
- New Carbine – A unique bullpup carbine with built-in vertical grip
- New PDW – A unique PDW with built-in silencer
- New Sidearm – Unique long range “sniper” sidearm using magnum rounds
- New LMG – Magazine fed LMG, which with the new weapons balance, plays in between a belt-fed LMG and an AR – your “run and gun” LMG
For those unfamiliar with the upcoming Gun Master mode, it grew to fame in the Battlefield 3: Close Quarters DLC, pitting players against each other in a Team Deathmatch-like mode, but changing your weapon every time you got two consecutive kills. The first players to get a kill with the final weapon won the match.
For more on what the upcoming patch will address, click here.