Metal Gear Online 3 will be packaged with the upcoming Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain. We recently have received new information on Metal Gear Online through a developer Q&A session.
On Twitter, developer Konami addressed the ways that players will be able to customize and change the gear they use in matches. Players will be able to change the color and patterns on their gear, and gear will have different looks for different classes.
You can see a list of what was revealed below:
- Gear doesn’t affect player stats
- Patterns cannot be designed by the player, but there are several to choose from
- There aren’t “presets” for gear–there are categories for different body parts, such as specific gear for legs, arms, etc.
- There is no Metal Gear Solid 4 gear in the game
- Some items are class specific
- You cannot unlock gear via Metal Gear Solid 5’s single-player mode
- Gear cannot be changed within matches
Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain releases on September 1st. The game will release for the PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox One, and Xbox 360. The game will release on PC on September 15th. The game will be playable for the first time to the public at Gamescom in August. Also, Konami removed series creator Hideo Kojima’s name from the title’s box art last week amidst inner turmoil between the two.