The Elder Scrolls Online has an upcoming DLC expansion titled Imperial City coming up. Today, Bethesda announced the expansions official release date.
Imperial City will release on August 31st for PC/Mac, and on September 15th for Xbox One, then one day later on PlayStation 4. The Elder Scrolls Online expansion adds “hours” of new gameplay to the title, bringing new areas, quests, enemies, and items. Story wise, the Imperial City has been overrun by Daedric Prince Molag Bal. Players must fight the Deadric forces and each other.
Imperial City is included with an ESO Plus Membership, or can be purchased separately for $20. Here is a rundown of some of the expansion’s “key features”:
- All content is available to players that are level 10 and up.
- A brand new PvP/PvE space, including the six Imperial City Districts
- New quests and key characters within the Imperial City
- One new Imperial City PvP Public Dungeon: The Imperial Sewers
- Two new PvE Imperial City group dungeons with Normal and Veteran versions: White-Gold Tower and Imperial City Prison
- The Tel Var Stone system
- 23 completely new Veteran Rank 16 item sets, only available in Imperial City
- Treasure Vaults that contain new Veteran Rank 16 set jewelry and a chance for even rarer finds
- Xivkyn racial motif style
- New collectables only available in Imperial City (pets, polymorphs, and a costume)
Along with The Elder Scrolls expansion release next month will be a base-game patch for everyone. In it, there will be “hundreds of fixes and improvements” for areas such as combat, classes, quests, dungeons, and more. Here are some of the main points:
- 15% decrease in the amount of XP it takes to gain a Veteran Rank
- 100% more XP for all public dungeons
- 50% more XP for all Veteran Rank quests
- 20% more XP in Craglorn
- Veteran Rank increased to 16
- Racial Passive improvements
- Mundus Stone buff improvements
- Glass racial motif style
- Improvements to existing item sets
- The ability to hide mount visual upgrades
- New crafting skill line passives
- New Undaunted pledges
- Tons of combat and gameplay balance changes
- Improved end-of-campaign Alliance War awards
The Elder Scrolls Online is available for PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.