EA Sports has confirmed that their newest golf title, Rory McIlroy PGA Tour, will feature only eight real life courses at launch. Famous sites like Augusta National, Pebble Beach, and Torrey Pines, will not be available during release. This is a significant downgrade to the series whose last game, Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14, featured 20 courses.
The full course list includes:
- Bay Hill Club and Lodge (Orlando, Florida)
- Chambers Bay (University Place, Washington)
- Royal Troon (Troon, Scotland, U.K.)
- St Andrews (St Andrews, Scotland, U.K.)
- TPC Boston (Boston, Massachusetts)
- TPC Sawgrass (Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida)
- Whistling Straits (Kohler, Wisconsin)
- Wolf Creek (Mesquite, Nevada)
Pre-orders allow for a ninth course, TPC Scottsdale, and there will also be four fantasy courses available. One of the fantasy courses is based on the Battlefield map Parcel Storm.
There is some good news, though, EA Sports stated on Twitter that they will be delivering free content updates post-launch. It was also confrimed that Rory McIlroy PGA Tour will not be an annual release, but more like a platform. They will be releasing new content over time instead of all at once.
Rory McIlroy PGA Tour is set to release on July 14th for the Xbox One and Playstation 4.