Activision has announced that star power will return in Guitar Hero Live. It will no longer be titled star power, though, but rather “Hero Powers.” It will only be available under the new online focused, TV mode. The same basic functionality is still available, do well when playing a song and tilt the guitar up to get a bonus multiplier to your score for a limited amount of time.
This time around there are options for the benefits of unleashing the “Hero Power.” There are a total of seven different choices. You can choose, which power you want prior to the song and new powers can be bought using in-game currency.
The full list of powers include:
- Clear Highway – Removes all immediate notes from your note highway instantly. The notes are counted as hits, which adds to your score, score streak, and score multiplier.
- Double Multiplier – Your score multiplier will double for the duration of the Hero Power.
- Dial Down – Temporarily reduces the frequency of notes that appear in the note highway. This is especially effective during difficult portions of the song to maintain a big score multiplier.
- Dial Up – Temporarily increases the frequency of notes that appear in the note highway, therefore giving you a chance to increase your score.
- Score Chaser – Maximum score multiplier is temporarily doubled.
- Safety Net – Holds your multiplier and score streak at its current value.
- Invincibility – Temporarily hits all notes, and missing notes do not register.
Guitar Hero Live is scheduled to release on October 20, 2015. It will be available for PS4, PS3, Xbox One, Xbox 360, and Wii U.