In weird gaming news, yesterday saw Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II, a game that is over 10 years old, get a new update with lots of new additions. This game was originally launched on the original Xbox and PC for perspective on how long this game has been out. The update is for Steam, PC, Mac, and Linux versions of the game.
New features include:
- 37 achievements to be earned through gameplay
- Steam Cloud saves
- Native widescreen resolution support
- Resolution support up to 4K and 5K
- Support for controllers, including Xbox 360, Xbox One, Playstation 3, and Playstation 4, along with several others (check the system requirements for details)
- Steam Workshop support! We proudly worked with the Restored Content Mod Team to have their famous TSLRCM up on launch day
- Oh… and we added a “Force Speed Effects” option in the menu 😉
That comes from Aspyr Media who handled the update. As to why there was an update after all these years, Aspyr has yet to comment on it. The update is supposed to add a few new endings and fix hundreds of bugs with the Restored Content Mod.
Perhaps they want to refresh minds that Star Wars Battlefront comes later this year and that the film comes in December as well. It certainly looks like the year of Star Wars. Did you love KOTOR II? Let us know how you feel about this strange new below.