PS4’s Driveclub may have had a disappointing pre-launch, launch and post launch – but nowadays it’s a solid experience with its issues firmly in the rear view mirror (there’s the inevitable racing analogy out of the way).
Developer Evolution Studios has worked tirelessly to fix issues, get the PS+ Edition released and add meaningful content to the game, so they should see the two million sold milestone as a just reward for their efforts – though one does wonder how much more the game would have sold if the launch went more smoothly.
In terms of adding meaningful content, the game has just received some great new stuff. Evolution has added sprint variations of tracks, which is a new mode to the game, they’ve added a couple more cars and more driver levels. Check out the patch details below:
The newest game update for DRIVECLUB is AVAILABLE NOW!
Update to v1.21 to continue playing online and add the Renault R.S. 01, new Sprint mode, new Elite Driver Levels and lots more to your game!
Full details of the 533MB Game Update v1.21 for #DRIVECLUB:
- New Supercar awarded for reaching Driver Level 66: The Renault R.S. 01!
- 12 new ‘SPRINT’ variations of DRIVECLUB tracks for Time Trial & Challenges: Cayoosh Point, Putre, Munnar, Goshodaira, Holmastad & The Kyle (including unique Sprints for the standard and reverse track versions).
- 10 more ELITE Driver Levels from 66 to 75. All levels have a new reward.
- The Rimac Automobili Concept_One and VUHL 05 are better! We’ve modified the vehicle performance and handling for these 2 cars based on further collaboration with manufacturers and community feedback.
- Adds support for the Thrustmaster TH8PA manual gear shifter (including sequential shifting and clutch support).
- Car statistics are now detailed on the vehicle select screen: Drivetrain, Engine Position, Kerb Weight and more.
- New default order of cars in the garage/vehicle select.
- Rebalanced the frequency of wet weather and night time events in Random Event.
- Added Club leaderboards to all Tour events in addition to the standard solo leaderboards.
- New option when sending a challenge to filter your Friends list to show DRIVECLUB players.
- Stunning new#PS4sharephoto added to the loading screen (Credit:http://23rl23.imgur.com/http://i.imgur.com/lr5u2rT.jpg).
- Includes general improvements for game performance, stability and usability.
Update 1.21 Add-ons (available for download from PlayStation Store on August 25 worldwide):
Support for the Ferrari 488 GTB (coming to PlayStation Store as a free download).
Download & installation:
The update will happen automatically when you fire up the game (or you can “Check for Updates” on PS4).
And Evolution continues to share what they plan on adding in the future:
Looking ahead to future updates (coming after 1.21):
- Development of Private multiplayer lobbies is well underway! When it’s added you’ll be able to modify the rules and settings for private multiplayer events with friends.
- New tracks are in the works, plus we’re going to add many more SPRINT mode tracks for you to play in Time Trial & Challenges!
- DRIVECLUB app: The game and servers have changed significantly since we first brought out the MYDRIVECLUB app last year, so we’re currently building a new app and will share more info when we can.
- More Game Updates: As always we will continue to make improvements and add features based on your feedback. Please keep sharing your thoughts with us to help us evolve the game around you.