Since Halo 2, the Action Sack playlist has been a beloved part of Halo’s multiplayer, and recently developer 343 Industries announced it’s finally a part of Halo: The Master Chief Collection.
The playlist, which highlights some of Halo’s greatest and most insane multiplayer modes, includes new game types. Halo 2 Classic, Halo 2 Anniversary, Halo 3 and Halo 4 each have different Action Sack game types, all playable from one meaty playlist.
Check out the full list below:
Halo 2 Classic:
- Gold Rush — A Territories variant with Magnum/Shotgun starts.
- Blast Resort — Assault variant with SMG/BR starts and only one life per round.
- Team Troy — Team Slayer variant with Brute Shot starts.
- Team Shotty Swords — Team Slayer variant with Shotgun/Energy Sword starts.
- Team Shotty Snipes — Team Slayer variant with Shotgun/Sniper starts.
Halo 2: Anniversary:
- Gungoose CTF — Capture the Flag variant with every player on a Gungoose.
- King from the Hill — King of the Hill variant with SMG/Plasma Rifle/Magnum starts. Extra points for kills in the hill.
- Quickochet — Ricochet variant with SMG/Plasma Rifle/Magnum starts. Quick detonation timer on ball while being carried.
- Dodgeball — Plasma Pistol starts, a game mode where two teams square off, both with high shields and regenerating sticky grenades, and must stick the other team and kill the enemy players to win.
- Team Sumo — Gravity Hammer starts, team members must knock enemy players out of the ring to win, every player is given one life per round.
- Shwat Guns — Shotgun starts, players don’t have shields.
- Team Swords — Team Slayer variant with Energy Sword starts.
- Team Hammers — Team Slayer variant with Gravity Hammer starts.
- Hammer Hill — King of the Hill variant with Gravity Hammer starts.
- Team Duals — Team Slayer variant with SMG/Magnum starts.
- Team Splasers — Team Slayer variant with Spartan Laser/Magnum starts.
- Team Punchout — Team Slayer variant with Plasma Pistol starts.
- Red Glare — Team Slayer variant with Rocket Launcher/Spartan Laser starts.
- Binary Slayer — Slayer variant with Binary Rifle/Energy Sword starts.
- Fiesta Classic — Slayer variant with random starts.
- Lighting Flag — CTF variant with Light Rifle starts and one-shot kills.
- Clang of the Hill — King of the Hill variant with Energy Sword starts.
- Medal Madness — Slayer variant with random, cycling weapons, earn more medals than the other team to win.
- Stickyball — Oddball variant with Sticky Detonator starts.
- Ninja Assassins — Slayer variant with Sniper Rifle/Energy Sword starts.
- Husky Raid — CTF variant with random starts, flag is held in a narrow corridor.
- Paintball — Slayer variant with Plasma Pistol starts and one-shot kills.
- Shotty Snipers — Team Slayer variant with Shotgun/Sniper starts.
343 Industries also recently released statistics of the most popular Halo: The Master Chief Collection playlists. The developer had considered replacing Team Snipers but have now, after collecting data, decided to keep it in the game.
The most popular playlists between July 17 and July 20 were:
- Big Team Battle
- Team Slayer
- Halo 4
- Team SWAT
- Team Snipers
- Halo 3
- Team Doubles
- Halo 2: Anniversary
- Halo 2 Classic
- Halo: Combat Evolved
- Rumble Pit
- Team Hardcore