On Monday, Studio Wildcard released swamp and snow themed regions for it’s survival game, Ark: Survival Evolved. Alongside the new regions are new items as well as a giant frog and a giant deer, both of which you can ride.
Here’s a little look-see at what to expect from the new areas.
- It’s cold here. Shocking, I know. You will have to dress warmly lest the arctic temperatures kill you.
- Large wolves will prowl the terrain, looking to take you down at every opportunity. If you tame them, these wolves can help you hunt.
- Giant deer, known as Megaloceros roam the area as well. You can use them as mounts.
- There’s some nasty beasties here. Snakes, gators, piranhas, and bugs lurk in the murk.
- A brand new mount, the giant frogs called Beelzebufo, can catch prey with it’s tongue.
- Poisonous plants are everywhere, along with plants that can be used for new recipes.
Ark: Survival Evolved has been a smashing success on Steam, and is slated to join the rosters of the Xbox One and the Playstation 4 in 2016.