To celebrate the coming of the first Dota 2 seasonal major at Frankfurt, Valve has opened up the new Fall Compendium which operates very similarly to the TI Compendium months ago. There have been changes however. Since the prize pool for the Frankfurt tournament is fixed at $3 million, the money from the compendium sales and associated chests/items will not contribute towards that this time.
For a complete look at what’s to be expected with the Compendium, you can check the blog here. Here’s a quick highlight and overview:
- Challenges return in which you can earn coins from completing tasks within All Pick match
- Coins obtained can be used to buy an item, set or ‘Coin Treasure Chest’ which have items that have a chance to drop already owned items
- Coins can be as bets to wager for matches
- Introduction of two new chests: Tribute of the Piercing Beak and Tribute of the Sharpened Feather
- Each set from chests have an ambiance effect that can be unlocked with the ‘Tribute Upgrade Infuser’
- At Compendium level 150, unlock ‘Whisky the Stout’ artifact for Tusk
- New courier: Warbler and Snikt
There are a the familiar level progression for levels of the Compendium as there were in the TI variant. You can buy the Compendium in Dota 2 Reborn now at $3.99 for a level 1 Compendium or $9.99 for level 25. If you want to get that amazing Whisky the Stout item, you can jump ahead and get more levels quickly by buying 5 levels for $2.49, 11 levels for $4.99 and 24 levels for $9.99
These are the sets you can obtain from the Tribute of the Piercing Beak. The weapons for each one can also have their ambiance effect unlocked.
A brand new event is underway and if this sets up precedence, there will be a lot of poor wallets in the next year leading up to The International 2016! Now excuse me as I get thrashed in Dota 2 some more.