Boy it’s been a long time since I heard that announcement. I was surprised to hear that the event already took place in Japan! The states is expected to have this collaboration in their Puzzle & Dragons game ‘soon’.
For the uninitiated, Gungho’s Puzzle & Dragons series has been a reasonably big name in the free-to-play mobile market. It combines the gameplay of ‘match-three’ puzzles where you connect three or more of the same color together in a grid to attack and defeat enemies you encounter in dungeons. A lasting appeal for the series has been the collection of charming stronger creatures. Due to its popularity, the series has seen numerous collaborative works including Warner Brothers and even the standalone game Puzzle & Dragons Z/ Puzzle & Dragons Super Mario Bros.
There is a fairly diverse list of characters lending their charming good lucks to the Puzzle & Dragon series:
- Final Fantasy: Chaos
- Final Fantasy II: Emperor of Palamecia
- Final Fantasy III: Cloud of Darkness
- Final Fantasy IV: Zeromus
- Final Fantasy V: Gilgamesh and Neo Exdeath
- Final Fantasy VI: Kefka
- Final Fantasy VII: Cloud, Sephiroth, Buster Sword, Masamune, and Fat Chocobo
- Final Fantasy VIII: Squall, Rinoa, Angelo, Gunblade, and Pinwheel
- Final Fantasy IX: Zidane, Vivi, and Mage Masher
- Final Fantasy X: Yuna, Tidus, Tidus’ Brotherhood, and Yuna’s Staff
- Final Fantasy Type-0: Ace
- Final Fantasy Dimensions Series: Aemo, Mootie
- Mobius Final Fantasy: Wol
There are two ways to obtain these characters within Puzzle & Dragons: The hero characters can be obtained within the egg machine and the villains can be fought and obtained in the ‘Netherworld’.
Here’s how some of the villains will look ingame: