Polish developer CD Projekt Red are getting ready to release a brand new update for the Witcher 3’s PC Modkit. This will include new features and bug fixes for fans of the game. We have yet to see an official release date but community manager Marcin Momot has stated that its “right around the corner”.
The entire list of changes have been published to The Witcher 3’s forums this list includes the following…
- Fixed a bug causing wcc_lite to fail when unhooking the game.
- Fixed a bug when some normal maps and speculars were imported incorrectly. Now imported textures which name ends with “_n” and “_s” will be assigned to proper categories.
- Added the ability to mod textures from the textures array.
- Added a warning information when wcc_lite failed due too long file path.
- Cleaned up wcc_lite output log.
- It is now possible to add new textures using mods.
- Several fixes and minor improvements to Script Studio.
The Modkit was initially released in August and allowed users to easily modify the game themselves. However some fans of the game were left feeling a little underwhelmed with how it turned out. Some Witcher fans claimed that this Modkit simply was too limited when compared to the “REDkit”, a similar piece of kit released for The Witcher 2. Despite the complaints CD Pojekt Red don’t have any intention of releasing the REDkit for the current game.
The developer has also made it clear they hope to one day incorporate similar mods into the console versions of the game. This is not too dissimilar to the way in which mods will work on the console version of Fallout 4.
Released earlier this year The Witcher 3 has managed to sell 6 million copies . The game first big expansion entitled “Hearts of Stone” is out now for all versions of the game.