A recent post by Bungie via their blog outlined changes that will be coming to Destiny’s newly relaunched 3v3 multiplayer mode, Trials of Osiris.
The mode which was delayed due to a bug, features some major changes which are outlined below.
- Requires a minimum Character Level of 40
- Requires a minimum Light of 251; Recommended Light is 290
- Winning teams now receive Trials gear rewards directly at the end-of-match completion
- Players that go undefeated on their Passage will continue to be invited to The Lighthouse
- Players may continue to play in the Trials past 9 wins (but rewards are maxed out at 9 wins)
- Trials Passages now have a Details page containing your Boons
- Player must now purchase Boons from the Details page on their Passage instead of from Brother Vance
- Boons can no longer be applied to Trials passages after starting a run
- Trials gear can be purchased from Brother Vance (including some items found at the Lighthouse)
- Brother Vance now has Bounties that award Legendary Marks
- Crucible Bounties can now also be completed in Trials of Osiris
- Matchmaking has been updated to make it more competitive to reach The Lighthouse
Other changes to the mode hope to bring stiffer competition all-around effectively eliminating players from being safaried through the experience to the lighthouse. The latest update features a brand new skill-based matchmaking system.
With the heightened competition comes a greater chance of receiving endgame loot. “For those of you who can go the distance…” writes Senior Designer Derek Carroll “we’ll be dropping endgame gear that will rival the Light of those Guardians who have been defeating Oryx in King’s Fall Hard Mode.”
The revamped Trials of Osiris is available to play now for everyone who owns Destiny: The Taken King.