After announcing last week that all the maps and new modes coming to the game post launch will be free, Ubisoft has detailed just what will be in the season pass for Rainbow Six Siege.
Instead of placing any new content behind a pay wall, the season pass will operate mostly as a year-long membership in a premium player system. With that membership, players will have early access to new operators, without the need to earn them in-game, a boost to renown gain, and exclusive access to a number of cosmetic skins.
The full list of perks include:
- A seven-day early, and instant, access to the eight new operators
- A permanent 5% Renown (combination of in-game currency and exp.) boost.
- The exclusive Season Pass Porter weapon skin
- The Safari Bundle of weapon skins
- Two extra daily Renown-earning challenges
- 600 R6 Credits (real world money currency)
As detailed last week, Rainbow Six Siege will receive four free major updates over the next year, each featuring a new map and two new operators. The premium in-game currency, R6 Credits, will only be for cosmetics.
The season pass is now available for $29.99 and comes included in the Gold Edition of the game. Rainbow Six Siege launches December 1st for PS4, Xbox One, and PC. Ubisoft recently released the minimum PC specs for the game. Curious how the Rainbow Six Siege is shaping up? Check out Gamespresso’s impressions of the closed beta.
Will you be picking up the season pass? Let us know in the comments.