Towards the end of last year, Bungie released a mini-game within Destiny called the Sparrow Racing League (SRL). A feature requested since the game’s launch back in 2014, SRL pitted players against each other in a race to the finish line through familiar locations through out the galaxy.
Now, unfortunately, the race has come to a close – for now. With SRL having finished up at the end of December, Bungie is pushing forward to focus on the next content update, mysteriously titled The Dawning, the details of which will be announced on January 21st.
Until then, Bungie has released some statistics on player interaction in Destiny‘s SRL in the form of an infographic sent out to Guardians who participated in the event. You can read a summary of the stats below.
- Only 3% of racers hit at least 90% of the gates
- Only 1% of racers failed to kill an enemy while racing
- Average gate accuracy was 83%
- Average number of kills was 22
- On average, racers crashed 100x more frequently than U.S. drivers
- If the Sparrows had have been Jet Skis, the amount of gasoline burned each day would have been enough to power Las Vegas
- Total of 92,839,875 gallons of fuel was consumed
- Average of 0.20 wipeouts per mile