Developer Treyarch has released a multiplayer-only version of their latest game Call of Duty: Black Ops III. The “Multiplayer Starter Pack” costs fifteen dollars and is only available on Steam for PC.
The starter pack gives players access to the game’s Public Ranked Multiplayer and includes features like the Weapon Paint Shop, Gunsmith, Arena, Freerun, Theater, and the Black Market.
Since it is multiplayer-only, players will not have access to the popular zombies or campaign modes. Another feature missing from the starter pack is the ability to Prestige at level 55 or the ability to fresh start once players hit the level cap.
A full list of what is NOT INCLUDED in the starter pack is below.
- Zombies game mode
- Campaign game mode
- Ability to play in Multiplayer custom games
- Ability to Prestige (your level will be capped at 55 in the Starter Pack)
- Access to mod tools or modded content (once released)
- Access to unranked server browser (once released)
- Ability to Fresh Start your profile
- The ability to access Dead Ops Arcade II and Nightmares mode
Players who purchase the Multiplayer Stater Pack and want to upgrade to the full edition of the game will get the fifteen dollar credit applied to either the full game or the Digital Deluxe Edition.
For gamers who have been waiting for a chance to jump into Black Ops III’s multiplayer, but didn’t want to part with a full sixty dollars, now might be the time to act. This deal won’t be around forever as the publisher said that the starter pack will be available “for a limited time.”