If you’ve been anxiously waiting to strap on a weaponized jetpack and take to the skies as a drone mangling force of nature in Just Cause 3 Sky Fortress, the wait is almost over. Avalanche Studios has announced the first of the game’s DLC will arrive March 8th for season pass holders and March 15th for individual purchase.
Detailed last month, Sky Fortress adds another 3-4 hours of content as Rico’s pitted against a floating fortress and an army of drones. To help in the fight, gamers will get to blast off with the new “fully armed Bavarium Wingsuit.”
“With Sky Fortress, we’re aiming to stand on the shoulders of JC3’s success and go above and beyond… The ‘Bavarium Splitter’ Assault Rifle and a personal defense drone are just two of the new features you can look forward to,” Community Manager Lee Williams explained.
Ahead of the DLC, Just Cause 3 is receiving a free update, first on consoles today, and then on PC next week. The patch includes:
- Reduced initial loading time and in-game loading screens by 20-50%
- Fixed several memory leaks resulting in crashes
- Reduced a number of random crashes
- Improved streaming of game world
- Some performance optimizations related to hitches and stuttering
- Implemented DLC system in preparation of the Air, Land and Sea packages
Sky Fortress is just the first of Just Cause 3’s planned Air, Land, and Sea Expansion plan. The expansion pass is available now for $24.99 / €24.99 / £19.99, while the Sky Fortress DLC will be available for $11.99 / €11.99 / £9.49 individually starting March 15th.
Will you be picking up Just Cause 3’s latest? Let us know in the comments.