According to Konami, Metal Gear Online is about to receive a huge update that helps balance the game, while also fixing up some bugs still lying around.
The updates plan on making Metal Gear Online a bit more balanced than it is in its current state. At the end of the update notes, Konami states:
“Thank you very much for your continued support of Metal Gear Online and your patience waiting for this latest update,” Konami added. “We hope that these changes improve your gameplay, but we do acknowledge that there is certainly more that can and should be done to improve the game. We will continue to follow your feedback for improvements for the future. Until next time, see you on the battlefield!”
You can check out all of the things the new patch will add below.
- Fixed a bug where hang up would happen during the application boost (Xbox ONE only)
- Fixed a bug where players would be invincible to certain attacks while flinching.
- Reduced frequency of disconnections when playing SURVIVAL
- Fixed a bug where the wrong mission type would sometimes start in AUTOMATCH.
- Fixed a bug where a portion of other player’s stats would not consistently display properly (PlayStation®4 only)
- Fixed a bug where players would be able to travel outside map boundaries on BLACK SITE
- Fixed a bug where players’ sprinting distance was unusually short at the start of round 1.
- Fixed a bug where walker gears had infinite lock-on distance.
- Fixed a bug where players would have infinite lock-on distance after getting off a walker gear.
- Fixed a bug where thrown weapons would sometimes fail to explode and remain on the map indefinitely.
- Fixed a bug in the SABOTAGE mission where an incorrect combat log would display when a player is caught in the missile’s explosion
- Fixed a bug where the BGM volume setting would revert after completing a mission.
- Fixed a bug where the cursor would remain displayed incorrectly on the Customize screen under certain conditions.
- Fixed a bug where voice previews would sometimes not play when creating a character.
- Quiet can no longer be interrogated.
- Rank increase and decrease are now displayed in the mission results.
- Score has been adjusted for each mission.
- Assist score will no longer be granted when woken up by a comrade after putting yourself into sleep or stun status.
- Increased damage output from the SVG-76 and M2000-D.
- Reduced the knockback and firing rate of the URAGAN-5.
- Increased stamina damage when landing onto enemy players from a height.
- Reduced stamina damage from cardboard box attacks and low kicks.
- DEMOLITION+ Lv.2 will no longer trigger a thrown weapon to drop when killed by a knife.
- After diving, there is now a delay before you can dive again.
- Sprint duration is now temporarily reduced after diving.
- Crawling out of a cardboard box when prone will no longer produce noise.
- Each player’s network connection quality will now be displayed.
- Team creation in AUTOMATCH will now be prioritized for balanced number of players across both teams over preset party on a single team
- The Rush Mode option is now removed from the mission selection screen in AUTOMATCH (except Xbox360) ※Rush Mode will now occur in random frequency”
- A combat log will now be displayed when a player is fulton saved or woken up from sleep or stun status by an ally.
- The time bonus XP for the SABOTAGE mission has been adjusted.