Mafia II is an incredibly atmospheric game, but it ended up being one that was often overlooked last generation. One of its stronger aspects was its wonderfully fitting licensed soundtrack. Stepping out of a taxi early on in the snow with ‘Let it Snow’ playing on the radio was a personal highlight.
Mafia III is of course set to follow suit with a 1960’s soundtrack that will be relevant for the theme of the game. Revealed alongside the Collector’s Edition for the game, the eleven tracks found on the vinyl are also in the game. They include:
- “Black Ghost Blues” – Lightnin’ Hopkins
- “Paint It, Black” – The Rolling Stones
- “Tramp” – Otis Redding & Carla Thomas
- “I Got My Mojo Working” – The Shadows of Knight
- “Walking the Dog” – Performed by Rufus Thomas
- “All Along the Watchtower” – Performed by Jimi Hendrix
- “Chain Gang” – Sam Cooke
- “I Let a Good Thing Go By” – Dewey Edwards
- “Go Go Shoes” – Lonnie Youngblood
- “Slip Away” – Clarence Carter
- “The House of the Rising Sun” – Performed by The Animals
Looking good to us. The full game will reportedly feature more than 100 songs, so we can’t wait to find out what the rest of the list looks like. Check back here on Gamespresso for all the information on Mafia III as 2K releases it.