Studio Wildcard’s popular version of dinosaurs meets Minecraft, ARK: Survival Evolved released around this time last year. To celebrate, they’ve released a new update as well as a week-long event for the game.
The update adds two diverse organisms to ARK’s ecosystem. The first is the Didlodocus, a smaller version of a Brontosaurus. The Didlodocus is a bit faster than its larger cousin, and can use an 11-person saddle to carry passengers around.
The second organism is the Leech, a larger version of its modern-day cousin. It comes in two varieties: normal, and diseased. The diseased version carries a disease that affects the player even after the leech is removed.
As well, for their one-year anniversary, Studio Wildcard has begun an event called “ARK Birthday Event.” Supply Crates will be littered in the game that players can gather candles from. Using these candles, they can craft ARK Birthday Cakes, giving players gifts like the “birthday suit,” making players appear nude.
The other additions to the update can be found below:
- Dragon Arena & Dragon Boss Fight
- Breeding Mechanics Phase 2: Interactive Baby Raising (cuddle with your dino babies, pet, walk, and hand-feed them for extra benefits and greater affinity for whomever raised them once they grow up!)
- Optional RPG Stat Mode: Displays floating in-world damage numbers for all Player-Related Damage Events
- Added ‘Follow Range’ (Low/Medium/Far) Setting Per Tamed Dino
- Added option for PvE Servers to disable building around critical resource node regions
- Added server option to override per-Item Crafting costs
- Added server option to override the loot tables for each kind of supply crate
- Added server option to limit number of members in Tribes. Default: no limit
- Multi-Seat Saddles (Galli, Diplodocus, etc). Dinos now have an option to enable public seating. Dino Taxi service, ahoy!
- Servers can now optionally enable an “offline raiding prevention” mode which will make Dinos/Structures invincible if no owner is logged-in (indicated via the head whether the owner player/tribe is logged-in or not). Recommend that server owners utilize this with care, as it may have undesired side effects in a competitive environment
- Tribe Groups Phase 2: Support for Limited Non-Admin Invites and promotions/demotions per group! Also “Prevent Dino Unclaiming” checkbox, and other new per-rank options
- Added Alpha Mosasaurus (contains lots of Black Pearls)
- Alpha creatures XP reduced by 45%
- Auto-Turrets can no longer be built on Quetz/Sauro/Mosa/Plesi/Paracer platforms (Plant turrets can’t be grown on them). Any existing turrets on such platforms will no longer fire. Otherwise they’re now only allowed on Rafts and non-moving Bases
- Plant Turrets now consume Fertilizer per shot, and also will not shoot if no water is in the crop plot
- Approximate +100% increase to Saurupod and Paraceratherium respective Weight stats