The latest Grand Theft Auto Online update will add Power Play Jobs to the game’s competitive Adversary mode.
Power Plays are a selection of power-ups that players can pick up during a match that can either be an advantage or a detriment to either team depending on the situation. These power-ups can be stacked across a team, but each player can only hold one power-up at a time. Rockstar Games gave a description of the six power-ups in a blog post:
- Beasted: Transform into the Beast and use special powers like invisibility, super jump, and super strength.
- Zoned: Slow down time for all players, giving snipers a tactical advantage over exposed enemies.
- Doped: Dull your enemy’s senses with a trippy green haze; they’ll never see the flank coming…
- Raging: Unleash a rampage with your entire team by inflicting increased damage while taking reduced damage.
- Flipped: Scramble your opponents by picking up Flipped, temporarily inverting all enemy camera controls and mixing team chat to truly get in their heads.
- Dark: Take your team off the grid for well-timed sneak attacks.
Players will be able to activate the Power Play Jobs in the Jobs menu or through this week’s Power Play Playlist, which will grant players twice the money and experience for playing the mode until June 27th.
The weekly Playlist will also grant players an exclusive Grotti Owners Club T-shirt just for signing in. Players can also get 50% off all Swift helicopters, the Lampadati Toro boat, and the Valkyrie attack helicopter, as well as 33% off on homing launchers. The update also introduces the new Grotti X80 Proto supercar, one of the best looking cars in the game.
Grand Theft Auto Online is available on PC, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, and Xbox One.