With season 3 of Killer Instinct finally wrapping up, the last of the characters to be introduced into the game was unveiled. Eyedol, the original big bad from the original Killer Instinct game clobbers his way into the battle. Announced during the Killer Instinct finals at EVO early last week, Eyedol will be taking up the mantle as the ‘final boss’ this season, much like ARIA and Shadow Jago were in previous seasons.
Prior to Eyedol’s announcement, fans were theorizing the final character to be included in the roster. Fans picked up on a theory that the first letters of guest characters alluded to Eyedol’s reveal. That Rash from Battletoad, Arbiter from Halo and General Raam from Gears of War spell out ‘R.A.R’. This led to belief that that the final character will start with ‘E‘ to spell out the developers that originally created Killer Instinct; ‘Rare’.
Eyedol is a Shadow Lord who opposes the great Gargos. The two fought with such brutality that Gargos was able to cleave Eyedol’s head into two. After a crushing defeat, he was found and resurrected by Kan-Ra. While initially brought back to serve Kan-Ra and take down Gargos and any other entities who oppose them, Eyedol managed to break free from the weak grasp Kan-Ra had on the demon. Now free, Eyedol rampages the world again.
Here’s a quick trailer showcasing the way Eyedol plays.
The Shadow Lord is unique in that his style of fighting revolves around changing up between the two heads. He can only use one of these heads at a time and switch between them in order to attack with two different styles. One is entirely melee focused while the other is a caster that deals with long ranged combat. Eyedol players will have to master the ability to transition between these two stances at the drop of a dime.
Killer Instinct will be receiving a definitive version on Xbox One on September 20th which will feature all content available throughout the three seasons including:
- Every Killer Instinct fighter! That’s 26 characters, including the remastered cast, original fighters like Hisako and ARIA, and special guest characters like Arbiter from Halo, Rash from Battletoads and General RAAM from Gears of War
- All 20 stages, with visual upgrades and lighting changes (creating absolutely improved gorgeous fighting sets)
- Killer Instinct Classic 1 & 2 for Xbox One – the faithful recreation of the arcade originals
- Special features like every song in the KI archives, every character trailer, and never-before-seen concept artwork
- An interactive universe map with stage location details
- Exclusive behind-the-scenes videos digging into the history, world, and design of this beloved franchise
Eyedol has been made available since the 22nd of July for both Xbox One and Windows 10 versions of Killer Instinct.