Nintendo has announced that a hardcover retrospective book on 17 classic NES titles will be published by Prima Games.
The official title, Playing with Power: Nintendo NES Classics, will be released November 18 this year. Pre-orders for the book can currently be made on Amazon.
Details for the book are listed below:
- Exclusive embossed slipcase holds this hardcover tome in a clever package that resembles a classic NES Game Pak!
- A fascinating retrospective on 17 NES classics—including Super Mario Bros. 3, Donkey Kong, and The Legend of Zelda!
- Interviews and commentary from Nintendo visionaries who pioneered this era of gaming.
- A showcase of vintage advertising and priceless excerpts from Nintendo Power magazine back issues!
- Plus hand-drawn maps, character and game environment art, and much more!
Only a handful of the 17 titles that will be covered have been mentioned. The other games are presumably other first-party titles. Prima describe the book as “a veritable love letter” to fans.
In other Nintendo-related news, the company announced that they will be releasing the a tiny version of the original NES that comes packaged with 30 games. The mini NES is launching on November 11, conveniently one week ahead of Playing with Power’s release.