Pokemon Go has remained strong in its few weeks of being available to the public. Everywhere you go it seems like people of all ages are riding their bikes or walking around looking for lures, PokeStops, and of course, Pokemon. This mobile game is not perfect though. With a new major update released, there have been features added, but also others taken away.
First, the three footprint system to see how close you are to Pokemon has been taken away. Second, the battery saving feature on IOS devices has been removed. No specific reason for either was given by Niantic. While it is possible they were removed because the footprint system was stuck at three footprints for some time and the battery saving feature was causing crashes, these were not specified by Niantic or the Pokemon Company.
Here is the full list of positives related to the new update:
- Avatars can now be re-customized from the Trainer profile screen
- Adjusted battle move damage values for some Pokémon
- Refined certain Gym animations
- Improved memory issues
- Modified battle damage calculation
- Various bug fixes during wild Pokémon encounter
- Updated Pokémon details screen
- Updated achievement medal images
- Fixed issues with displaying certain map features
- Minor text fixes
So there you have it. Pokemon Go fans have the power now to give their feelings on the update. Evidently, many already have the game’s subreddit. Join them today and help Pokemon Go move forward.