Final Fantasy XV is the game that has notoriously been in development for a decade. Square Enix, as well as fans, can tell you just how good it feels to only be about a week away from its full release. There is a lot of pressure, however, to make sure everyone has a great experience with this anticipated title. Square Enix is using its final time before launch to do its best for all the future players.
In a press release, Square Enix released the details of a day one patch for Final Fantasy XV. It is title the “Crown Update.” Interestingly, it is not just for fixing minor bugs, but also adds some actual abilities for the players. This includes a “Monster Whistle” and a whole new ability tree to build on. Here are the notes for the Crown Update:
- Camera improvements will make it easier to track action going on in narrow areas.
- The new “Wait Mode” function (makes it so the game automatically waits when you stop command inputs) will get an ability tree for more in-depth strategic elements.
- A “Monster Whistle” that can be used to call out monsters will be added.
- New event scenes from Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV and “Omen” trailer will be added.
- Recipes and fish varieties, as well as a gallery, will be added for players who enjoy collecting items.
- Social network function will be added, allowing players to upload Prompto’s photographs to Facebook and Twitter.
The game’s Director, Hajime Tabata had one more bit of advise to fully enjoy Final Fantasy XV. Please avoid spoilers. With people receiving the game at different times, it can become very easy to see video posted online that could ruin the mysteries of the title. Try to avoid these at all cost for a true adventure.