The MMORPG genre is diverse and popular with gamers worldwide, and now there is a new challenge to get sucked into. The next expansion to the Neverwinter series, entitled The Cloaked Ascendancy has come to PC, with publishers Perfect World Entertainment promising PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions in the near future.
Described on the developers page for Neverwinter, The Cloaked Ascendancy features a new campaign, adventure zone, skirmish mission, and revamped dungeon among other content. Neverwinter itself is a free-to-play MMORPG based on the hugely popular and influential Dungeons & Dragons universe. The Cloaked Ascendancy follows on from the events of the previous expansion, Storm King’s Thunder, and places you back in the city of Neverwinter as you battle against four evil mages led by their master, Gyrion the Ascendant.
Fast-paced combat and impressive dungeon levels are a hallmark of Neverwinter, and The Cloaked Ascendancy brings a host of new content to the title.
- The River District is the new Adventure zone for the expansion, and is where most of the action will take place.
- The new campaign is to drive the evil mages from the River district, and to restore Neverwinter to safety.
- The climax of the new content takes place in an all new Spellplague Caverns Dungeon which also features a levelling version.
- A new skirmish entitled “The Illusionist’s Gambit” will test players skill in an ever changing challenge.
- New Artifact Weapons are available for the player to harness, giving you the power of the Far Realm.
Neverwinter is free-to-play for PC users, and later this year the new expansion will release for Xbox One and PlayStation 4 machines. You will be able to digitally download Neverwinter: The Cloaked Ascendancy for free to your console if you are an Xbox Live Gold member, but impressively for PlayStation 4 users, a PlayStation Plus subscription is not required.