Dirt 3 – the game that lets you both partake in realistic rally races and do a ridiculous number of donuts to earn points, though not at the same time – has finally made its way to Steam, having previously been a Games for Windows Live-exclusive.
If you owned the Windows Live edition then you can get the complete edition of the game for free on Steam which includes the game plus all of its DLC which is listed in more detail below.
- Monte Carlo Rally Pack – includes eight new rally stages.
- X Games Asia Track Pack – includes four new routes.
- Power and Glory Car Pack – introduces five new cars: the BMW M3 Rally, Lancia Delta S4, Ford Focus ST Rallycross, Scion tC and the Chevrolet Camaro SSX Concept, each with a range of liveries.
- Mud and Guts Car Pack – introduces five more cars: the Lancia Stratos, Peugeot 205 T16 Evo 2, Citroën C4 Rallycross, Saturn Sky and the Ford Mustang GT, each with a range of liveries.
- Colin McRae Vision Charity Pack – offers the 70s classic Ford Escort Mk II with five liveries.
- Ken Block Special Pack – features a customized and upgraded Ford Escort Mk II, an Open Class Rally car sporting a Ken Block livery (likely covered in an almost insulting number of Monster Energy emblems).
- Mini Gymkhana Special Pack – provides access to the Mini Cooper S Gymkhana which has been fine tuned specifically for the game mode.
If you owned the Games for Windows Live version of Dirt 3, the Steam version should be in your library now, however unfortunately any save files will not be carried over as Codemasters have apologized but stated that it is “unavoidable”.
Codemasters are also currently looking into an issue whereby players who had the game on Games for Windows Live are struggling to redeem their keys on Steam.