The new Dota 2 update for the Compendium adds several new ways to gain more Compendium coins and points. The official changelog shows this:
– Added a fourth Challenge slot, which is always a Hero-specific challenge, and rewards completion with both Compendium coins & points.
– Challenges are now available in Captains Mode, Captains Draft, Random Draft, Single Draft, and All Random game modes.
– Ten Hero Challenge added to compendium, also enabled on the above-mentioned modes. This year you can do the Ten Hero challenge 3 times for a total of 450 Compendium Points (4.5 Levels).
– You can now choose to consume any TI5 Compendium Immortal by right clicking on it in the Armory and choosing the Consume option. You’ll gain 200 Compendium Points (2 Levels) for each Immortal consumed this way.
– Added back the Item Recycling system. You can now recycle 10 items for a Charm of the Crucible Jewel II and 25 Compendium Points.
– Added 3 Recycle Charm Achievements. Create 1 Charm, Create 10 charms, and Successfully Complete 8 Charms. Worth 25, 125, and 200 Compendium Points respectively (in addition to the base 25 for recycling).
– If you don’t own a Compendium, points earned will be saved and applied automatically when a Compendium is activated.
– Added All-Star match voting to Compendium (awards 50 Compendium Points for completion)
– Updated kill gold chat messages to show the full amount of gold the killer receives (now includes proximity gold)
– Fixed the following abilities from attempting to target Zombies (since they do not affect them): Eclipse, Eye of the Storm and Diabolic Edict
– Fixed Searing Arrows always requiring a small amount of mana to do damage, even if the manacost was already paid for
– Fixed Permanent Split Shot on Rubick
– Fixed a visual bug with Enchantress’s weapon
– Fixed 100% proc events (like Wind Run) sometimes failing in rare cases
– Removed the per-game pet limit
– Various tooltip adjustments and fixes
So the return of item recycling allows players to obtain Charms that are used for predictions. Upon predicting the victories correct 3 times, the player will then obtain the Crucible Jewel II treasure set. Furthermore, an added 4th challenge for specific heroes is also implemented. It may lead to some bad pub games, but what can you do? It’ll be fun to see how messed up the team balance will be! Along side that, various bugs and glitches that had been reported on the forums and subreddit have been dealt with.