Today indie developer Might and Delight announced that a DLC for Shelter 2 is in the making. The add-on will include a new mountain area along with new prey and predators and will be available on Steam this summer.
Mountains is an add-on package that introduces a vast highland area and a strong new fauna that can act as both predators and prey. Along with others, the eagle from the first Shelter makes a strong return.
The Lynx mother, Inna, and her cubs discovers a new area on their journey. A vast mountain landscape where dense lowland forests leads up to the vistas of the mountain tops. But they are not alone on the high peaks. The fauna here blurs the line between predators and prey, and the Lynx family must use both wits and agility to overcome the challenges of this new world.
Other features include:
- A vast new area to explore. High peaks and dense lowlands makes the journey go vertically.
- Foxes, bears, and birds of prey now populate all parts of the world.
- New secrets and hidden areas to explore.
- 2 new pieces of original music.
- New weather effects and 4 new lighting schemes. A rich winter evening, a misty autumn, and cold spring and a vivid summer palette.
New collectibles and achievements, as well as a new unlockable Lynx skin.
Are you a fan of Shelter? What predator do you want to encounter next? Let us know in the comments below.