It is no lie that Xbox’s streaming service to Windows 10 isn’t that high of a quality. For those of you with a small understanding of computers, and a good internet connection, Reddit and Neogaf have unlocked a higher setting.
The Neogafpost has outlined the steps for anyone interested, you just have to close your Xbox app first.
- Step 1: Open File Explorer, and copy/paste this location:
- Step 2: Scroll down and open the folder that starts with “Microsoft.XboxApp…”
- Step 3: Open the folder LocalState
- Step 4: Right click the file called “userconsoledata” and choose Open With.. (select Notepad)
- Step 5: Change this:
into this: <IsInternalPreview>true</IsInternalPreview>
- Step 6: Now open the Xbox App, begin streaming- and in the top right of the stream window, click the ((o)) button to select Very High.
Several users on Reddit and Neogaf have noted a large difference in quality between high and very high. the Neogaf post included comparison shots from World of Tanks on High, and Very High.