Scheduled to release sometime this week, 343 Industries has detailed the newest patch for Halo: The Master Chief Collection, and its aiming for all the quitters out there.
Explaining the new system, 343 said, “Leaving the game before finishing (any time from the start of voting until the game concludes) will result in a loss for your ranking and a penalty to your Xbox One reputation. After this update, if you quit, betray, or idle too many times during a set period of time, you will be temporarily banned from playing matchmaking. If you continue to engage in negative behavior after the temporary ban has lifted, you will continue to receive temporary bans that are subsequently longer in length.”
This is only one of the changes coming in the newest patch. You can find the full patch notes below.
- Players will now receive a quit penalty and rank penalty for quitting any time after matchmaking voting begins in all matchmaking playlists, both ranked and unranked
- Added matchmaking betrayal booting for Halo: Combat Evolved
- Matchmaking voting now randomizes winner in the case of a tie, rather than selecting the left-most option
- Made a variety of improvements to ranking calculation
- Fixed an issue which could result in ranking down after winning a match
- Emblems and clan tags, in addition to gamertags, are now hidden while searching for a match
- Updated Team colors to always appear correctly in Forge mode
- The level of menu music will now drop when other players join a lobby / are connected to other players
- Fixed an issue where menu music could cut out after a game or on startup
- The controller schematic for H1 “Boxer” now correctly matches the in-game control layout
- Improved Classic/Remastered UI launch settings for Halo: CE and Halo 2 Campaign
- Improved matchmaking messaging to players
- Fixed an issue where lobby player positions could shuffle after a promotion to party leader
- Fixed an issue where players could select and use nameplates that they had not unlocked
- Fixed an issue where profiles could match into a game after the match started
- Made a variety of fixes for players who could become stuck at the “Downloading Latest Data” screen
- Fixed the glitched Who Needs Them? achievement
- Improved a variety of compatibility issues
- Made a variety of stability improvements
What do you think of the new punishment system? Let us know in the comments.