Firaxis and 2K Games have released a new hotfix for the turn-based tactical PC game XCOM 2.
The hotfix addresses a save issue with the Chryssalid Cocoon, a crash issue in the armory, adjustments to texture streaming, and removed 8x MSAA from default Max settings.
The update should automatically install the next time the Steam client is started, but if it doesn’t install automatically, restart Steam.
“This update fixes issues causing known crashes and includes some performance improvements,” the publisher wrote on Steam, “Saves affected by the crashes detailed below can be recovered and continued after installing the update.”
2K continued, “We will continue our patch support over the coming months with additional fixes and performance updates. It is important to the team that we address the issues below as soon as possible so fans can get back to enjoying the game. Stay tuned for more information on future updates!”
The full patch notes are below.
- Player is unable to progress to scan in the Geoscape after completing the Resistance Communications research via Tutorial – This will fix previously affected saves.
- Unable to load saves with a Chryssalid Cocoon – This will fix the issue, and for previously affected saves.
- Adjustments were made to Texture Streaming to assist with periodic frame spikes.
- Using the preview voice button for a modded voice pack will no longer crash the game when in the armory.
- Removed 8x MSAA from default Max settings.
XCOM 2 scored an 8/10 in our review and editor Patrick Nguyen wrote, “Firaxis has successfully recreated the magic that offered challenge yet accessibility to newcomers such as myself. XCOM 2 is XCOM: Enemy Unknown but it’s so much more and so much better in every way.”