Ultra Combo has been sharing more details about Killer Instinct Season 3, and the most recent post is about the new mode Shadow Lord.
Constantly pushing the boundaries as to what a fighting game is, Killer Instinct’s latest mode is “infinitely replayable”.
The single player mode pits you and a team of fighters previously assembled against Gargos’s invasion of Earth. Wanting to create something that players will replay over and over again, Shadow Lords is “part ladder, part arcade mode, part story mode, and part roguelike”. This adds up to one unique experience for those that own Killer Instinct.
With the goal to take down Gargos, you can find full details on the official forum post.
- Your ultimate goal is to beat Gargos and his forces before he takes over the world. How fast that happens is completely up to how you play!
- Choose any character to “main” and assemble your team from across the entire roster of KI characters. Uneasy alliances abound!
- As characters are added to the game after launch, they’ll also come with new Shadow Lords content.
- There’s a lot of stuff to earn and craft in this mode, all of which can be obtained by playing. KI Gold will allow you to accelerate to get to some rarer stuff sooner to help in your fight against Gargos and his minions.
- The game features persistent items and elements that carry across multiple playthroughs.
- The new multiplayer mode we mentioned in the launch trailer ties into this mode and some of the things you can craft. We’ll be talking more about this later on in the season!