Over the past year Rocket League has been a surprise independent hit. Not only was it a clever, fun, and addictive title from its release, but the developer, Psyonix, has continued putting an incredible amount of work to make the success and entertainment last. Just when you thought another mode couldn’t be added, it looks like a new feature will be coming very soon.
You would be hard pressed to find someone who thinks Rocket League is lacking any aggressive action, considering it is mostly about derby cars smashing into each other. For those who think this isn’t enough, help is on the way. Psyonix has announced a new mode in their forums called Rocket League Rumble. This will act as an addition to the classic mode, only now random power ups will appear to help you take down opponents or get a better hit on the ball.
Here is the provided list of the power ups and what they do:
- The Boot (Kicks an opponent’s car)
- Disruptor (Forces your opponent to drive uncontrollably)
- Freezer (Freezes the ball in-place)
- Grappling Hook (Pulls you towards the ball)
- Haymaker (Punches the ball)
- Magnetizer (Attracts the ball to your car)
- Plunger (Grabs the ball via plunger and cord)
- Power Hitter (Allows you to hit everything harder)
- Spike (Attach the ball to your car when you bump into it)
- Swapper (Change positions on the field with your opponent)
- Tornado (Sweep up the ball and opposing cars into a giant funnel cloud)
Rocket League Rumble will show up in the online playlists, private matches, and exhibition matches. No word yet on the exact date of release, but it should be sometime in September. Check out the trailer below.