Forza Horizon 3 has received its first major update, addressing many issues that players have had with the game on both Xbox One and Windows 10. Most of the fixes are for Windows 10, as that version of the game has had many more problems than the Xbox One version.
The biggest improvement is the increase in performance on Windows 10, which fixes the stuttering that many players were experiencing. Players on both versions who were having issues receiving their Halo Warthog pre-order bonus should now be able to claim it with no problems.
The update comes alongside The Smoking Tire Car Pack, which is a DLC pack that adds several new cars to the game.
If you haven’t checked out Forza Horizon 3 yet, there is a free demo available for both Windows 10 and Xbox One.
Below is the full list of fixes and improvements addressed in the update:
- Fixed a performance issue on Windows 10 that caused stuttering with high or unlocked framerates on certain hardware configurations
- Improved stability on Windows 10
- Disable mouse move detection while driving
- The Windows 10 video options screen will no longer ask users to save when no changes have been made
- Additional options have been added to the Windows 10 Advanced Controller Menu. These include:
- Steering wheel sensitivity
- Invert Force Feedback
- Centre spring scale
- Damping scale
- Fixed a problem where pre-order cars and the Halo Warthog were not appearing in the Windows 10 version of the game for some players
- Logitech G27 is now registered correctly on Windows 10, so the correct default mapping will be applied
- All wheels with enough buttons have had the horn added to their default mappings on Windows 10
- Fix to dead zones for acceleration and braking axes on wheels
- Default mappings for all TX Racing Wheel variants
- Fixed a bug where custom input mappings would not save successfully
- The Social and Rivals tabs will now unlock for players with Xbox Live Silver accounts
- Fixed a bug where the racing line would sometimes disappear
- Controller hot swapping is now available. Players can switch between controllers/their keyboard whenever they choose (including the wheel)
- Various content fixes for cars