Addressing weapon balancing and a whole host of small bugs across both the Xbox One and Windows 10 versions of the game, Gears of War 4 receives its first title update tomorrow, November 1.
Alongside the release of the first two DLC maps, tomorrow will see noticeable changes to the competitive Lancer, Gnasher, and Hammerburst weapons:
- Very short range damage has been slightly reduced.
- Very short range damage slightly reduced.
- Short range damage slightly increased.
- Active damage boost ratio slightly increased to offset damage reduction.
- Stopping power completely removed.
- Body damage significantly reduced.
- Headshot damage slightly reduced.
- Active reload cooldown increased by 2 seconds.
Among the many bug fixes, all of which are listed on the Gears of War 4 forums, the update also increases the difficulty of bots in Social Versus, makes weapon resawns in Escalation more consistent, and adds the ability for Xbox One and Windows 10 players to use cross-play over LAN.
In the patch notes, The Coalition even includes some of the things the team is looking to address in upcoming patches. Look for changes to player penalties, Competitive Lobbies, and leaderboards to arrive in the near future. The team is also hoping to test out a cross-play special event playlist for players on the two platforms. As we learn more, you’ll find it all right here on Gamespresso.