An update has been released for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered, introducing a number of maps and modes to the game.
The new Modern Warfare Remastered update was released for the holidays, bringing the six remaining Modern Warfare maps to the updated version of the game. Also being added are the Gun Game and Hardpoint modes, which have been added to the playlists. Below are the six maps that have been released:
- Bloc: Large Russian apartment bloc. Intense Domination matches.
- Countdown: Open launch pad. Huge sight lines and dangerous maneuvering.
- Pipeline: Russian trainyard. Excellent team games.
- Showdown: Small desert arena. Great fast gameplay for small numbers of players.
- Strike: Large urban desert town. Excellent team games.
- Wet Work: Medium-large cargo ship. Fast-paced Search and Destroy matches.
Also added through the update was a fan-favorite: Winter Crash. Originally PC only, this is the first time that Winter Crash has come to consoles. Along with the map, two special weapon camos are being released as well: Gift Wrap and Ugly Sweater. Players will be able unlock these for each weapon by completing challenges on Winter Crash.
The recent update has also brought a number of new personalization items to Modern Warfare Remastered. Dubbed “Operation Arctic Wolf,” the loot drop includes weapon camos, reticles, combat uniforms, emblems, calling cards, and more. Operation Arctic Wolf will also introduce new characters, which will bring women to Modern Warfare for the first time.
Call of Duty: Modern Wafare Remastered is available now on PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. The game is a part of the Legacy edition of Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare.