Asymmetric multiplayer shooter Evolve has received a content update, which is adding a new character and map.
Jack is the new character, and is a Trapper. He is available individually or as part of Evolve’s Hunting Season 2 pass, which runs for $24.99. Jack goes by the nickname, “The Jackal”, and wields dual-pistols. He has a hacked Survey Satellite that helps track and trap the monster, and has Repulsor gloves to stop beasts.
The free new Evolve map is called Murder Pits and features “a giant pit-fighting stadium designed exclusively for Arena Mode.” The map has different arenas that bring a “unique challenge” to players. You can check out the challenges below:
- “Jail” houses dangerous wildlife, freed by doors that open randomly
- “Outhouse” is a straightforward arena encouraging players to control the high ground
- “Quarry” carves out a tall, narrow environment stacked with rooms
- “Saloon” features a series of rooms surrounding a deadly Tyrant pool
- “Laughter House” contains two chambers separated by a wall that can only be opened by the Monster player
Developer Turtle Rock Studios has also released an update called Hunt 2.0. It brings “significant improvements to the Hunt mode user experience with improved matchmaking, revamped leaderboards, and more.”
Evolve is available for PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. You can check out the trailer to the Hunting Season 2 pass here.