Miiverse users may have noticed a few changes when they logged in this week. Nintendo’s hub makeover was done in order to make the hub more user-friendly and feature-rich.
Aside from the visual changes, Miiverse now has a few new features such as a Play Journal and Screenshot Album. These features allow users to file virtual journal entries about their games, replacing the Activity Feed of the old Miiverse.
The number of posts or comments per day has also been upped to 30.
The full breakdown is available below courtesy of Nintendo
- Screen Shot Album – Saving and organizing screen shots that people take in games are made easier with the new Screen Shot Album. The private album can only be viewed by the player and can hold up to 100 screen shots from a variety of games. The images can even be neatly sorted by game name for easy searching.
- Play Journal – With the Play Journal, players can record their unique game experiences by writing journal entries about games as they play them. Creating a journal entry is as easy as opening Miiverse while playing a compatible game, and each entry will include a screen shot that shows exactly what was happening in the game when the player pressed the HOME button. The new Play Journal feature replaces the ability for users to post directly to their own activity feeds.
- New Look – In the main community for each Wii U and Nintendo 3DS game, posts will be categorized in three easy-to-browse sections:
- Play Journal Entries – All Play Journal entries from players about a specific game will be located here. By viewing the displayed screen shots, players can quickly find other players who are in the same section of the game, making it easy to find relevant tips, comments, and experiences.
- Drawings – Miiverse is full of incredible drawings from fans. This community section will display artwork other players have created about the game, in order of popularity.
- Discussions – If players want to ask questions or start conversations about a game, this is the perfect place to do it. The inclusion of tags in these discussions makes it easier for players to find what they are looking for.