Rockstar has announced it will introduce a number of new features for its Rockstar Editor when it is released for the Playstation 4 and Xbox One as part of the next Grand Theft Auto V and GTA Online update.
The update will have gameplay capturing, editing, and directing suite to consoles, replete with new ambient audio options, Snapmatic integration, new fonts, and more.
New gameplay for the GTA Online Freemode will also be included, but details on this will be shared “in the coming weeks,” according to Rockstar.
The full list of updates can be found below, as detailed by Rockstar.
- Ambient Audio and Sound Effects Library: Add ambient and atmospheric sound design with a library of audio tracks to help bring your scenes to life or add sound effects from a collection of Foley and other sfx.
- Snapmatic Integration: Now you can export any still frame at a marker point straight to Snapmatic, giving you ultimate freedom when searching for that perfect camera angle.
- Director Mode Updates: An enlarged minimap with location blips to highlight preset locations, the power to freeze chosen time of day settings and the ability to spawn air and water vehicles.
- Copy and Paste Marker Properties: Easily copy and paste your audio settings from any marker to another marker in the clip – adding invaluable efficiency to your go-to editing techniques.
- New Fonts: You’ll now have more style options than ever for your titles and credits — we’re tripling the library of available fonts with new styles.
The Rockstar Editor is a feature that was first made available on PC in April 2015, and allows players to record, edit, and share videos. The Director Mode is particularly well-suited for creating machinima, as it allows users to stage sequences using characters, props, and locations from the game.
As of August 10, 2015, it was announced that Grand Theft Auto V has sold an impressive 54 million copies worldwide, making it one of the best selling games of all time ahead of flagship titles such as Super Mario Bros on the original Nintendo Entertainment System.