Though announced earlier this year, PS3’s gorgeous, narrative-driven heavy hitters Heavy Rain, and its spiritual successor Beyond: Two Souls are finally making their way to the PS4. And they’re coming fast.
Taking to the PlayStation Blog, Quantic Dream co-CEO Guillaume de Fondaumiere announced Beyond: Two Souls will release on PS4 next week, November 24th. Originally released back in 2013, and featuring the big acting names of Ellen Paige and Willem Dafoe, Beyond: Two Souls follows a young woman, Jodie Holmes, who just happens to have an other-worldly spirit connected to her and following her around.
Coming to the PSN for only $29.99, Fondaumiere explains the PS4 version will include numerous improvements over the PS3 version, notably:
- Enhanced 1080p graphics including motion blur, bloom and depth of field effects, as well as improved lighting and shadows.
- Decisions are highlighted at the end of each scene and compared with those made by other players.
- Once you have completed Beyond: Two Souls, you will be able to replay the game in chronological order. (The game jumps around in time quite a bit.)
- Increased difficulty in certain fight scenes, combined with improved controls for action sequences.
- And includes the “Enhanced Experiments” DLC.
Sadly, when it comes to 2010’s crime-noir themed Heavy Rain, we will have to wait just a bit longer as it is set to release March 1st, 2016. Telling the story of the hunt for a serial killer that abducts children, Heavy Rain sets the player in the shoes of four distinctly different characters, all involved in the case in some way.
Those gamers who purchase Beyond: Two Souls will receive an extra discount when picking up Heavy Rain later next year.
Recently, at Paris Games Week, Quantic Dream announced their next game, Detroit: Become Human. Set in the near future, the game will follow an android named Kara as she struggles with not actually being human. Be sure to check out the stunning announcement trailer here.
Will you be picking up Beyond: Two Souls or Heavy Rain? Let us know in the comments.