Developer Slightly Mad Studios has announced today that Project CARS, the upcoming game about, well, you guessed it, cars, has been delayed once again until mid-May.

“Despite our long heritage and pedigree in making critically-acclaimed racing games, Project CARS is by far the grandest and most intricately detailed of them all,” says Slightly Mad Studios boss Ian Bell. “Despite therefore the game being 99.9% complete, the remaining 0.1% attending to small issues and bugs has been tricky to anticipate.

“We’re absolutely dedicated to delivering a ground-breaking experience and by targeting mid-May fans can be assured that’s what they’ll receive,” Bell adds. “Again, we want to thank our fans for their support and patience on this matter. There’s a high expectancy from racing fans around the world that Project CARS is going to be an exciting new contender in the simulation racing space and we firmly believe gamers deserve it to be in its most complete and polished state when they come to play it on day one.”

As for the exact release date of the game, Bell said they would announce it in the upcoming weeks. For more information related to Project CARS, stay tuned to Gamespresso.

Send this to a friend