Destiny’s new raid will not be available when The Taken King launches on September 15.
The new raid, King’s Fall, already has a planned release date from Bungie according to Destiny’s Creative Director Luke Smith, but he did not reveal what that date was.
“We definitely have a plan for when it’s going to be available,” he said in an interview with IGN. “I’m not going to announce the plan for it [today at PAX Prime]. But I promise for people who are excited about the raid will know when it’s time to take time off work. We’ll give em’ a heads up.”
When the raid does launch, however, its set to be the biggest one that Destiny fans have seen yet. In a previous interview, Smith said King’s Fall is “objectively and emphatically” the game’s biggest raid to date, adding that “the raid is really the culmination of that story,” referring to the expansion as a whole.
Smith also revealed previously that Destiny’s newest raid is set to differ in more ways than just size from previous raids available.
“It’s not just going to be normal and hard mode. The way we developed King’s Fall was different to the other Raids. We developed Hard mode first this time, then scaled to Normal. And we have one more thing we’re not talking about yet that’s pretty special. It’s a twist I’m excited about,” Smith said.