In November, Xbox One will see it’s largest update by far. This November we will see the dashboard completely overhauled and plenty more. However, before it’s released this coming November, it will be tested by the Xbox One Preview Members. The pre-release testing period should start soon, Microsoft has stated.
Due to the massive size of the update, not everyone will be available to get the update at first. They will first let a certain group of people get it at first, then let more people get it over time. “Our goal is to start with a group, get feedback, then roll out to larger groups for additional feedback over time,” Ybarra explained.
Here’s a complete rundown on how it will be rolled out over the next couple of weeks.
- If you’re a member of the Xbox One Preview Program, you will get an invitation sent to you in an Xbox Live message.
- From the invitation launch the Xbox Preview Dashboard and select the registration option.
- You can then opt-in by selecting “Preview – New Xbox One Experience.”
- If you choose not to participate in this update (you just leave your registration as preview), you will continue to receive “regular” Preview Program updates going forward. This will not remove you from the Xbox Preview Program.
- New builds will regularly roll out over a period of several weeks to those who opt in, and our engineering team will work to improve the features and fix any bugs they identify throughout the preview testing.