With less than two weeks now left till the blockbuster release of Halo 5: Guardians, developers 343 Industries have today revealed which multiplayer playlists will be available for players at the launch of the game.
As first reported by IGN, the playlists include:
- Warzone: The brand new, MOBA-like mode, featuring as many as 24 players.
- Warzone Assault: In this variant, teams must either defend the power core or destroy it.
- Team Arena: A cycle through all the modes and maps of Halo 5.
- Slayer: The classic Halo mode.
- Breakout: An all-new, single life, team mode.
- Free-for-All: It’s every man for himself.
- SWAT: No shields or motion tracker, and one-shot kill headshots.
- Weekend Special: Maps and modes voted on by the community.
The flagship Halo multiplayer mode, Big Team Battle, won’t be available at launch for Halo 5, although 343 has reassured fans that when it does eventually arrive, the mode will have its own dedicated playlist. In addition to this, 343 has stated that it is designing all-new maps from scratch, specifically for Halo 5.
Halo 5: Guardians is set to launch worldwide for the Xbox One on October 27th, with 20+ maps available at launch and 15 more maps arriving in the form of free DLC before June 2016.