A few days ago, Blizzard had announced the inclusion of two new heroes: Xul the skeleton summoning Necromancer and Li-Ming the burst-magic Wizard. While the wizard is a class that existed in Diablo III, the Necromancer was a class that didn’t make the jump and stayed a Diablo II exclusive class. Due to that fact, Xul marks the first proper representative of Diablo II from the Diablo franchise. It’s because of that, the game will now have more references to the events of Diablo II.
These references exist during the pre-match banter between ally heroes. The folks over at Blizzard have provided GameSpot with some of these bits of dialogue:
- Xul Intro: You’re from Sanctuary… Perhaps you know why my tome of town portal isn’t working.
- Johanna Response: Let’s defeat our foe, and then we can worry about how to get home.
- Johanna Intro: It’s been a long time since you were in the fight. Are you ready?
- Xul Response: It’s only been a long time to you…
- Xul Intro: Watch yourself, mage… Your kind has upset the Balance before.
- Li-Ming Response: I’m a wizard, actually. You’re the one who seems a little unbalanced.
- Wizard Intro: A necromancer… Do you know Mehtan?
- Xul Response: You know my apprentice? That’s certainly odd.
- Xul Intro: Archangel Tyrael, it is good to see you continue to fight for the Balance.
- Tyrael Response: I am glad to see you as well, friend.
- Tyrael Intro: Well met, friend!
- Xul Response: Tyrael… I’m glad to see you survived the Worldstone’s destruction.
Diablo III Hero Interactions:
- Xul Intro: So you’re the next generation. Think you can keep up with an old man?
- Sonya Response: Come, we will conquer this lot together.
- Valla Response: Come, let’s join the hunt.
- Nazeebo Response: Let us go where the spirits will!
- Kharazim Response: This realm has need of warriors like us.
- Sonya Intro: Well met, friend.
- Valla Intro: Hail, friend.
- Nazeebo Intro: Greetings, friend!
- Kharazim Intro: The gods favor me with your presence.
- Xul Response: Hmm… Nephalem… So the legends are true. This should be interesting.
- Xul Intro: Do you think you can put aside our differences for this fight Diablo?
- Diablo Response: I would destroy you if I could.
- Diablo Intro: I would destroy you if I could.
- Xul Response: I know… too bad you can’t. Or have you forgotten the last time?
- Xul Intro: A butcher. Glad you’re on our side.
- Butcher Response: <Growl>
As of now, the two new heroes haven’t been given a release date yet. However, when the update with the hero drop, there will be some new skins and mounts on top of them. Stay tuned for its announced release date.