Nintendo is letting 500 fans be the first to play the upcoming Legend of Zelda Wii U.
How can you be one of those lucky 500? Nintendo is hosting an event at the Nintendo Store in New York City on June 11th. The first 500 people in line (with a photo ID) will be given a wristband which can then be traded in for a ticket to play the exclusive demo.
The event is part of Nintendo’s big E3 push to promote The Legend of Zelda. The company’s full plans are as follows:
- June 11, 9 a.m. ET Nintendo NY The Legend of Zelda experience
- June 14, noon-3 p.m. ET (Nintendo Treehouse: Live screening from E3)
- June 14, 3-8 p.m. ET (hands-on experience for fans with appointments)
- June 15-19, Nintendo NY store hours (hands-on experience for fans with appointments)
- June 15-19, Nintendo NY store hours (guided gameplay presentations with Nintendo experts and trivia)
The Legend of Zelda was originally supposed to launch this holiday season for Wii U, but was revealed to have been pushed back to 2017 – in time for a simultaneous release on the Nintendo NX.