The third DLC for the latest Fallout, Far Harbor, was released on May 19th. While many fans of the title were looking forward to this additional content, those on the PS4 were disappointed to find a number of performance issues that came with it. Thankfully Bethesda has looked into these issues and given players the Far Harbor they deserve.
While is is not the smoothest solution, the new Far Harbor DLC for PS4 has to be re-downloaded. Here are the instructions from Bethesda.
- Confirm Fallout 4 is not running. Highlight Fallout 4 in your PS4 dashboard, press OPTIONS, and select CLOSE APPLICATION to ensure Fallout 4 is not running minimized.
- Select RELATED ITEMS. You’ll find this under the Fallout 4 icon in the PS4 dashboard.
- Select MY ADD-ONS.
- Navigate to the DOWNLOAD ARROW next to Far Harbor and select it.
- You should see a notice that Far Harbor has been Added to Downloads.
- Wait for the downloadable content to finish downloading and installing before starting Fallout 4.
Hopefully after this, Far Harbor will run smoothly for everyone on PS4 and your new swampland adventure will finally be yours. Be sure to check back in with Gamespresso when Bethesda hosts their E3 press conference on Sunday, June 12th at 7:00 pm PST/ 10:00 pm EST.