Paradox Interactive has announced the next expansion for Cities: Skylines, Natural Disasters, expected to release this Winter.
Natural Disasters introduces catastrophes to challenge mayor-players to plan for early warning systems and emergency routes in order to ensure the safety of your city populace.
The expansion will also add a new scenario editor and gameplay mode, allowing players to finally win or lose the game on their own terms.
The full list of features, provided by Paradox Interactive, are listed below:
- Deep, Impactful Gameplay: Keep your city going through the devastation of several possible doomsday scenarios, from towering infernos to the day the sky exploded
- With Great Power Comes Great Response Abilities: Plan for, and respond to, disasters using early warning systems, countermeasures, and new disaster responses such as helicopters and evacuations – finally, a Paradox game where “Comet Sighted” actually means something
- Radio Saved the Video Game: Citizens can go Radio Ga-Ga with a new broadcast network, helping to rapidly spread evacuation warnings and emergency alerts – or simply relax to new in-game music stations
- An Objectively Good Feature: Scenario Mode allows players to design custom game objectives, including custom starting cities, win conditions, time limits, and more – and share scenarios to Steam Workshop
- Chirpocalypse Now: Heck yeah, new hats for Chirper
Cities: Skylines Natural Disasters will be available for Windows, Mac, and Linux.