In the digital world today, it is almost impossible for a fighting or MOBA game to have its complete set of characters on launch. The people want more and that’s what they are going to get. For Heroes of the Storm, players know exactly what universes Blizzard is going to pluck their next character. Most recently, it was Auriel from the Diablo series.
In Heroes of the Storm, Auriel has low Damage and Survivability, but she has high Utility and Complexity. Here is her move set as described by Blizzard.
Bestow Hope (D)
- Activate to bestow an allied Hero with Hope. Damage that Hero deals while they are nearby will cause you to store Energy. Bestow Hope can only be active on one Hero at a time.
- Passive: 40% of the damage you deal to Heroes and 8% of your damage dealt to non-Heroes is stored as Energy.
Sacred Sweep (Q)
- Damages enemies in a wide arc and deals bonus damage to enemies caught in the center.
Ray of Hope (W)
- Consume all of your stored Energy to Heal allied Heroes in the target area. The amount of Healing done is based on the amount of Energy spent.
Detainment Strike (E)
- Deals damage to the first enemy Hero struck and knocks them back. If the target collides with terrain, they are also Stunned for 1.25 seconds and take additional damage.
Crystal Aegis (R)
- Place an allied Hero into Stasis for 2 seconds. Upon expiration, Crystal Aegis explodes, damaging nearby enemies.
- Allied Heroes leave behind a spirit on death. Channel on a spirit for 3 seconds to bring that ally back to life with 50% of their maximum Health at their death location.
As a clear support player, Auriel has some great healing moves. It is her Resurrect ability, however, that sets her a part from all the rest. Will we see players in Heroes of the Storm taking full advantage of this? We’ll find out when she is put through the Public Test Realm on August 2nd. If all goes well there, she will be fully launched the following week.